- Multinational Electronic Manufacturer.
- Located in Chicago Illinois.
- 40 locations Americas, Asia and Europe.
Their Network Challenges
- Dissatisfied with current Network Provider.
- Desire to improve performance levels and reduce costs.
- Frustrated with lack of support.
- Billing issues creating contentious relationship with supplier.
- Business growing a rapid rate, revolving IT support team.
- Incumbent suppliers not motivated to reduce costs and cut their profit margin.
Our Success Methodology
- Understand business objectives through interviews with internal stakeholders
- Gather and analyze all invoices and contracts associated with network services
- Defined business requirements and future network architecture through discovery process with client
- Interviewed potential suppliers:
– Asked for options to reduce costs, improve performance and consolidate invoices
– Created scoring matrix to evaluate supplier’s ability to meet business requirements
- Vetted and evaluated service options of multiple suppliers: Telstra, PCCW, Verizon, CenturyLink, China Telecom, Masergy and NTT
- Created competitive bidding environment
- Provided several new network architecture options for Client, in-line with business objectives
- Using the TelEnergy Success Management Methodology, aligned Client’s requirements with carrier capabilities and service levels.
- Replaced incumbent with a more service oriented and cost effective supplier.
- Developed and helped execute negotiation strategy.
- Built plan to create co-terminus contracts and eliminated auto renew contracts.
- Designed future state infrastructure based upon business requirements.
- Validating cost reductions through on-going quarterly reviews and account management.
- Accelerated Engagement – quickened Clients realization of cost savings and service optimization.
- Replace antiquated network services with best in class technologies.
- 29.7% reduction in total telecom cost. $75k annually or $225k over 36 month term.