- Four Year Liberal Arts University
- Located in Illinois
- Enrollment of 2800 Students
- Multi-location Environment
The Telecom Challenge
- Needed to replace end of life PBX
- Desire to consolidate services, improve performance and reduce costs
- Frustrated with poor service levels and lack of insight into expenses
- Uncertain of all services being used as business has grown over time
- Limited internal resources
- Incumbent suppliers not motivated to help reduce costs and cut their margin
Our Success Methodology
- Understand business objectives through interviews with internal stakeholders
- Gather and analyze all invoices and contracts associated with telecom services
- Defined future network architecture needs through discovery process with Client
- Interviewed incumbent suppliers: Asked for options to reduce costs, improve performance and consolidate invoices
- Vetted and evaluated service options of multiple suppliers: AT&T, Access One, FirstComm, Arkadin, Broadview Networks, Granite, 8X8, Ring Central, Verizon, Net-2-Phone
- Created competitive bidding environment
- Provided several new network architecture options for Client, in-line with business objectives
- Using the TelEnergy Success Management Methodology, aligned Client’s requirements with carrier capabilities and service levels.
- Replaced end of life PBX with VoIP solution. Mitigated risk of PBX failure.
- Eliminated $40k per year PBX maintenance agreement mand moved from a variable capex environment to a consistent opex structure.
- Developed and help execute negotiation strategy.
- Built plan to create co-terminus contracts and eliminated auto renew contracts.
- Designed future state infrastructure based upon business requirements.
- Validating cost reductions through on-going quarterly reviews and account management.
- Accelerated Engagement – quickened Clients realization of cost savings and service optimization.
- Built telco inventory and optimized existing services.
- Replace antiquated network services with best in class technologies.
- Eliminated 1 FTE savings of $75k.
- 32.2% reduction in total telecom costs.